Safeguarding in the community
Support for Young People:
- ADHD Northwest - Offer support for children, young people and their families who are affected by ADHD. 01254 886886
- AMPARO - Offers support for anyone affected by suicide in Lancashire. 0330 088 9255.
- Brook Blackburn - Free Sexual Health and Contraception Services - Brook Blackburn (sexualhealthblackburn.co.uk) Counselling offer is available. Brook ‘My Life’ offer; is an early help programme which aims to empower and support young people to improve their own health and wellbeing. 1-1 targeted support for young people – Brook
- Bullying and cyberbullying | Childline Information to support you, if you or someone you know is being bullied.
- Healthy Young Minds Online self-help materials, resources and guidance
- Kooth Safe and anonymous online counselling and support for young people.
- ORCHA Find and download NHS Approved APPS to your device to help improve and track your mental health and wellbeing.
- Rainbow Youth Centre Acts as a hub for parents and young members of the LGBTQI+ community, a place that offers help, support, a place that is safe for young members be themselves.
Reading Well for Teens This booklist is targeted at teenagers (13-18) and includes self-help techniques, personal stories, graphic books, fiction and a selection of supporting digital resources. Hard copies and online versions of these books are available from Blackburn Libraries service. Blackburn Central Library | Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
Support for adults:
- Bereavement Support Grief can be overwhelming. Call the Cruse helpline on 0808 808 1677.
- BwD Adult Learning provide training to help individuals and families on a range of wellbeing and mental health courses. Including Mental Health First Aid.
- Flourishing Minds Lancashire Mind provide the following range of mental health and wellbeing services to ALL residents 18+:
- Wellbeing Workshops (One off workshops on topics including Five Ways to Wellbeing and stress management.)
Wellbeing Groups (Completed over 6 weeks, covering topics such as low mood, anxiety, stress, sleep and worry management.)
1-to-1 Wellbeing Coaching (Work with a Wellbeing Coach over 6 sessions, to identify the challenges you are facing and look at ways to overcome them.)
To find out more contact: The Wellbeing Service on 01254 682037
NHS MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS LINE: If you need urgent help as you are in mental health distress, and you are over 16 you can call 0800 953 0110 - 24 hours, seven days a week
NHS Wellbeing Helpline & Texting Service: staffed by volunteers and those with lived experience, offers emotional support – ring if you want to chat about your mental health or are lonely etc. It can be contacted on 0800 915 4640 or by texting ‘Hello’ to 07860 022846.
Digital Parenting Pro | Parental Controls Guide | Vodafone UK – Help your family stay safe with the Digital Parenting website.
Trust House Provide specialist support services to women, men and children affected by rape and sexual abuse. They can also support the family. 01772 825288